Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires
(04-08-2017, 05:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't think anyone would dispute that people displaced from their homes would rather have stayed there. The issue at hand is whether it is our place to get involved in that. Trump's campaign was one run on not getting involved militarily. He said Obama shouldn't get involved militarily. We've tried arming those fighting against Assad, but because Congress did not approve military action against Assad's regime when Obama asked for the permission to do so our options were limited. Assad was not, and it could be argued is not, a security threat for us and so Congressional approval is needed for that action.

I don't like Assad and have been shouting against him for some time, even when people on this board who are now applauding our actions were saying we should be siding with him because he was the enemy of our enemy. I just don't support military action in that civil war because I don't want another Vietnam.

Out of curiosity, when do you feel it is America's place to get involved in foriegn conflicts like Syria.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - Matt_Crimson - 04-08-2017, 09:53 PM