Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires
(04-09-2017, 12:37 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Getting international support for use of military force at the UN level is the same as getting Democratic and Republican support for use of military force at the national level. It's how we got an international coalition and an UN resolution to kick Saddam out of Kuwait.

Apples to oranges.

Saddam invaded and occupied Kuwait and refused to withdraw from the region. How is that comparable to what is going on with Syria?

Quote:If you have such a hard on to risk other US lives in combat in Syria then you shouldn't have any qualms about risking your own life in combat in Syria. It will give you a chance to meet your maker so you should be chomping at the bit for the opportunity.

Hard on?

I'm not saying we should start sending in US troops all willy nilly to oust Assad. I'm just saying I'm in support of military action, but I'm not sure as to what I would support concerning it. Even if I am completely supportive of sending in troops, I don't see why I'm disqualified of supporting that position just because I'm not in the military. If I was sitting here criticizing American citizens for not joining the military but not in the military myself, your argument would actually make sense. Right now it doesn't.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - Matt_Crimson - 04-09-2017, 02:27 PM