Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trump Is Giving This Country Its Identity Back
(04-17-2017, 12:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The most ironic dynamic of this is: The ones that disagreed with his campaign promises are the ones making the most noise that he is altering them.

For me it isn't that I disagreed with everything. I found most of them to be ridiculous, and often not well thought out, but in truth he doesn't have an ideology and so I knew this was coming. I was one of those saying we didn't know whatbwe would get with Trump.

I think my issue is that I am social democrat populist, and when people fall for a populist message being spouted from someone who is anything but a populist it is going to do damage to the people. He is a show man and a confidence man, and enough people bought it in the right places to win him the electoral college.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Is Giving This Country Its Identity Back - Belsnickel - 04-17-2017, 07:40 AM