Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(04-24-2017, 12:20 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, not at all, I never even mentioned AfD.  The intake of millions of people from a foreign culture within a limited time frame will undoubtedly affect cultural change.  Germany is not the United States, there is no concept of the "melting pot".  German culture within twenty years will be unrecognizable from that twenty years prior to now.  I have friends in Germany who already report profound differences.  Do you disagree that every nation is entitled to nurture its own cultural heritage?

OK. It was an AfD thread and they are the only party who takes your stance, so.

Of course, every nation is entitled to nurture its cultural heritage. I think it's very far fetched to say this nurturing is no longer possible because of refugees.

I understand (or better said, I acknowledge) there are problems in Germany. There definitely are. I don't take issue if someone sees things a bit stricter as I do regarding giving refugees safe haven or on immigration in general. I personally think becoming a "melting pot" of some sorts is inevitable in a world that's getting smaller, I also think that is actually a good thing and that culture is nothing static to be conserved unchanged throughout the generations - but there are other opinons out there that I respect. All good.
I do take issue with using the word "cultural suicide" though. This is Russian Troll speak and is not based on reality.

(And friends are always a questionable source. People here have friends in the US giving them all kinds of biased pictures about their country.)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - hollodero - 04-24-2017, 12:58 AM