Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The two Mike Brown Eras - Why there is still Hope for the 2nd but time is running out
(04-25-2017, 01:49 PM)depthchart Wrote: What I meant by the 2 rosters is more referring to the 2005 and 2015 teams as being Marvin's best teams.
They had a few other decent teams as you say but those 2 years were the Best chances.
Both 2005 and 2015 saw us lose the starting QB.

You may be right.
There may be no happy ending.
The 2015 team gave me hope that maybe the FO could actually pull it off someday.

You're right that the 2005 and 2015 teams were our best. I would also throw 2013 in there, and we were pretty much all hands on deck for that one. With the way the team has completely fallen off the rails every time (with other teams that should've been capable of winning at least 1 playoff game), I don't see any reason to believe 2005 and 2015 would've been any different.

You can't judge them by how dominant they looked in regular season because Marv teams completely morph into something else come playoff time. If we had even 1 game out of 7 where we didn't look drastically worse than our regular season performance, I'd probably feel differently.

I still believe in this roster (outside of o-line...which could sink us again), but as long as Marv and Paul are pacing the sidelines, I believe wholeheartedly that the end result will be the same as what we've seen the previous 14 years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The two Mike Brown Eras - Why there is still Hope for the 2nd but time is running out - Shake n Blake - 04-26-2017, 01:48 AM