Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(04-27-2017, 05:13 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: The rest of your post about violating rights of Muslims in this country is completely irrelevant to my post once you understand the context of what the above paragraph states.  Nowhere in my posts was the violation or restriction of religious freedom of U.S. citizens discussed so I'm just not going to reply to that part of the post.  

Just so you understand my position:  it's not persecution of Muslims to ask if certain aspects of their belief system (and I mean individual cultures and nations, not the religion as a whole), are compatible with the foundation of the west and to take a nuanced approach to whether we should allow those beliefs into the country or not?  This is not the same as subjecting any group to registration and surveillance.

Ah, I see.  You are not talking about violating anyone's rights.

You just want to decide if we can bar the free practice of the religion of Islam in the United States.

No violation of any rights of religious freedom there at all. Rolleyes

BTW I love the way you use the word "nuanced" to mean "bar an entire religion from the United States because of the actions of extremists in other countries".  Lots of subtle nuance in that policy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - fredtoast - 04-27-2017, 06:43 PM