Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(04-27-2017, 11:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Matt, you know this is not remotely the case.  Good luck finding a muslim who will renounce the Hadith.  They may apply more importance to certain sections or less to others but it is viewed as far more important than the writings of the popes.

Actually, I know several. One is a leader in the Muslim community here (and a fellow bean counter, it's how I first got to know him). We've had many discussions about Islam, the Qu'ran, the Hadiths, and all of that. I obviously haven't discussed this with every Muslim in the local community, but every one that I have talked about faith with has said they don't follow the Hadith. I actually don't know any Muslim's personally that put a lot of stock in them and I have gotten to know a wide swath of the community here because of my work within the interfaith groups, refugee resettlement, and the charity I am on the board for. Most of them view them only as, essentially, opinions written by religious leaders. They will tell you that, as Mohammed said, only the Qu'ran should be taken as the word of God, all the rest are the words of men, even Mohammed himself.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - Belsnickel - 04-28-2017, 09:28 AM