Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(04-28-2017, 12:26 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Aww man, you were making progress in the other thread.  It's not a debate over which one is "better".  What is being pointed out is that a religion whose founder, and foundation, is steeped in slavery, rape, forced conversion and murder is likely going to engender followers who think that slavery, rape, forced conversion and murder are ok.

Now, here's a pop quiz, which of the three monotheism am I talking about.  There's only one and you have a 33% even if you're just guessing.  C'mon, you can do it!

Umm, I can see that ONE of the three Abrahmic religions is ruled out right away. Beyond that I do not see a clear demarcation if slavery, rape, and murder are the criteria. That ancient Jews did not "forcibly convert" is hardly redeeming when you consider the alternative, as they saw it.  Not looking for a big argument here. Just sayin'.

I add that hippy-like qualities of Christianity's founder have not inhibited slavery, rape, forced conversion, and murder, to the degree one might expect, though I think they have made a difference at various points in the history of Christianity.  Only ONE of the three monotheisms says "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." The other two were in agreement on stoning.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - Dill - 04-28-2017, 10:19 PM