Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alabama congressman: “People who lead good lives” don’t have preexisting conditions
(05-03-2017, 03:47 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: My son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when he was 4 yrs old.  He is 16 now, a pretty good kid that doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs (nor do I see becoming interested in any of that.)  And he is going to have a life time of health issues.  period.  I think he deserves to have access to adequate health care without bankrupting him when he is an adult.  We Americans spend more on prescriptions and health care than any other nation and not with better results either.  IMO we really do need to look at universal health care.  But I admit It will be hard convincing people who fear that would be the first step towards communism.

Yours sons (and my uncle who died two years ago from renal failure associated with childhood diabetes) situation isn't what I think the lawmaker was referring to. I think he was saying people who take some risks are more likely to develop some health problema.

I'm a proponent of some type of insurance coop.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alabama congressman: “People who lead good lives” don’t have preexisting conditions - Benton - 05-03-2017, 05:06 PM