Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alabama congressman: “People who lead good lives” don’t have preexisting conditions
(05-03-2017, 06:06 PM)Benton Wrote: I think a coop would fix a lot of our problems. Or at least step in that direction without totally abandoning insurance and medical providers' free market right to possibly make you give up everything you have or die. If people still wanted to take advantage of that model-- as lawmakers assure us they will -- them they can. For those that want cheaper coverage, they can coop.

I am not up on current health care debates. But I have heard little mention of coops. People always talk as if one-payer and free market are the only options.  And coops offer some variation.

If I remember correctly, in Germany (as of 5 years ago) anyone making over 50,000 Euros could opt out of insurance--though all manner of private insurance like ours is available. People making less than 50,000, however, are mandated to buy. But I remember at least two different levels of coop. When we began making more money we had to go up a level.

No medical bankruptcies there.

Another feature I long for is that we never had to fill out forms. Doctors just sent in the bills. You didn't have to pay and then let insurance decide whether to reimburse.  The only exception was when my daughter spent nights in the hospital (back in the 80s). We were charged 5 Marks per night--about $2.50, depending on the exchange rate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
“People who lead good lives” don’t have preexisting conditions - Dill - 05-03-2017, 07:30 PM