Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USDA secretary announces halt on school nutrition standards
I dont have a problem with it getting rolled back unless there is overwhelming evidence it is actually reducing obesity in kids. I have a feeling it isnt while causing more waste than it should. Also not the biggest fan of the fed government being food nazis nationwide for the schools.

That said, I think schools should offer more fresh foods & fruits. Take out candy bar & soda machines as well (except for teacher's lounge). Replace them which schools have already done with healthier snacks and drinks to buy from. Keep that part of the Michelle order active.

Then maybe start something nationwide where kids are educated more than ever on eating healthier overall verses junk foods. Even have it to where it can be homework assignments throughout the year that their parents have to be in on as well, to help educate some of them too. to me that would be a more effective approach and more cost-effective in the long run.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: USDA secretary announces halt on school nutrition standards - Millhouse - 05-08-2017, 05:09 PM