Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USDA secretary announces halt on school nutrition standards
(05-09-2017, 10:13 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The lunches taste like shit now. They also weren't that unhealthy before.

I don't know if this really achieved anything other than kids throwing away more food. The majority of kids who eat school lunch at my school are lower income and have some sort of assistance (free or reduced price). They're more likely to be fed crappy food at home, and that's likely the bigger culprit.

Or it's the fact that they eat hot cheetohs and drink soda for half of their meals. I don't have anything against only having healthy food options in the vending machines and snack lines or just only doing fries 1 day a week, but the meals themselves are inedible.

Thats the consensus around my school district here, and where the one where my brother teaches at. He said it isnt all that bad but he wouldnt eat it, but isnt as good as before tastewise. Their cafeterians try to make the best of it. And it wasnt exactly no Texas Roadhouse back then either lol. 

Now back when I was in HS back in the 90's, we actually had good food as I rarely packed. We had a salad bar that would do taco salads on T & TH, and then on Wed. was pasta day. Had a choice of two kinds of pasta, and a red or cinci chili sauce. And pretty good garlic bread. It was great, for school food. I pretty much ate that for those 3 days, and on M & F I would either get some Papa Johns, a big salad, or something from the regular line. Just glad I went to school before Obama lol.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: USDA secretary announces halt on school nutrition standards - Millhouse - 05-09-2017, 06:24 PM