Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Trump As Bad As The Media Makes Him Sound?
(06-06-2017, 08:59 AM)Benton Wrote: Does it make it any more palatable when someone hears what he calls other people via conservative news outlets? Is picking people to join his administration who already work for foreign governments more of a bad idea because it's reported by WaPo? Is an administration full of lobbyists and insiders not an administration full of lobbyists and insiders because someone points out these are the same people abusing the system for the last four decades?

That's my thing. I try very hard to read an article and look past the "flavor" that the author has put to it, but that doesn't make it much better. I'm the type of guy that reads GAO reports and listens to their podcast for fun, so I am looking for those primary sources as often as possible and the only real difference between what is reported in the media and what is actually happening is, well, there isn't much happening. Trump's nominated, what, 20% of the confirmation appointments out there? This is unprecedented and it is really damaging our government's capabilities.

The reality may not be as bad as some media outlets paint it, but it certainly isn't a rosy picture.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Trump As Bad As The Media Makes Him Sound? - Belsnickel - 06-06-2017, 09:17 AM