Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean Hannity Hints Obama Did Cocaine, Smoked Weed With Travel Ban Judge
(06-07-2017, 05:37 PM)Benton Wrote: It's in the packaging. With print, opinion and editorial are segregated. With television news, especially Fox, it's lumped together. The news ticker adds to that confusion. So does using footage from actual news stories.

All the cable news has opinion....At one point, MSNBC was almost all opinion.  I wouldn't say CNN primetime has less opinion/interviews than Fox.  Maybe you think it's "straighter" news because you prefer the content of CNN. CNN has a ticker, too.

And, yeah, an opinion show should have footage and news from real stories - how can it not?  I really have no issue with it.  People want/need the news explained to them, and different perspectives can sometimes have almost polar opposite explanations.  It doesn't make one better or worse than the other, and most bias from the better sources tends to be in terms of what they cover and how much they cover it (rather than what they say).

I mean, that old Carlin joke aside, I think most people can tell the difference between straight news and opinion.  The most insidious thing, that creeps into straight news of all sources, is the cherry picking of facts/data/research to support an agenda.  Yes, alternate facts are very real (and sometimes solid research can have legitimately very different takes).
--------------------------------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sean Hannity Hints Obama Did Cocaine, Smoked Weed With Travel Ban Judge - JustWinBaby - 06-07-2017, 07:10 PM