Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump breaks tradition, doesn't recognize LGBT Pride Month
(07-06-2017, 06:04 PM)hollodero Wrote: Good.

OK. I don't think you're a bad person for thinking that. It depends of the definition of "normal", and sure, one "normal" way is the male/female way. Then again, about 10% of people are gay (maybe the number is wrong, but a certain part are and obviously always were throughout history), and all narratives I heard of point to them being gay by nature.  That these camps for getting rid of those feelings don't work and create much suffering. Hence, there's nothing a gay person can do about it, it's not a choice. Like it wasn't mine to be "normal" and attracted to women.
Therefore I think gay people are "normal" just like you and me, because there's a natural occurrence, like left-handed people. My definition of normality.

The more pressing question is what follows your stance that they are "off", what's the conclusion. Should they not be treated as equals in their society because of that? Are their relationships, their love less worthy? Should they be repressed and faught, ostracized and hidden away? I answer with a clear "no", I think that's the empathic stance, and therefore I'm for full acceptance. No good would come from not doing so. Only human suffering.

Honestly, im not sure. Thats the question I have been struggling with as a Christian. God tells us to love all people, so I try to. If someone is homosexual then I look at it through the lens like I explained in my previous post. 

I think its important to treat homosexuals with respect and treat them like anyone else in this world. If they can find someone in this world that they love...then more power to them. 

My biggest fear is that being a homosexual becomes "trendy" and that people that arent truly homosexual become homosexual because society IS so accepting of it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump breaks tradition, doesn't recognize LGBT Pride Month - WeezyBengal - 07-07-2017, 10:47 AM