Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump breaks tradition, doesn't recognize LGBT Pride Month
(07-06-2017, 03:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Ive never heard of a bigger non issue in my life. Could we be more petty? 

Sure we could!

We could send out tweets calling other adults names like "loser" and "low IQ" for example.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-06-2017, 12:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Do you worry that by not explaining they may be in for some culture shock when they get older and become more aware?

When age appropriate we will discuss.
(07-06-2017, 01:31 PM)hollodero Wrote: So this is the heart of the matter. Again, as long as people think the way you do there need to be marches for acceptance. 

Mental disorder. That's some awful stuff you're saying here.

All any of us can control is how we think and believe. You worrying about how I feel is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is all we can do is have a community with those with similar values and morals and love our lives.

We don't need the WH press release to announce its gay month.
(07-06-2017, 03:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When age appropriate we will discuss.

What age?  I am dead serious and not taking you to task for it because I assume you are talking about the sex aspect of it.

Our kids were pre-teen when we talked about sex with them but they were younger when we talked about being accepting of others that might seem different to them.
(07-06-2017, 03:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So by copying your own words, I sound "ridiculous".

When I am crying for the White House to do a press release about a month dedicated to my family then it's relevant to this thread.
(07-06-2017, 03:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: What age?  I am dead serious and not taking you to task for it because I assume you are talking about the sex aspect of it.

Our kids were pre-teen when we talked about sex with them but they were younger when we talked about being accepting of others that might seem different to them.

7 and 10 are not old enough.

And don't worry you never take me or anyone to task .
(07-06-2017, 03:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 7 and 10 are not old enough.  

And don't worry you never take me or anyone to task .

I'm pretty sure our daughter was 10-ish.  I know our son was in that range.  Both learned early about abstinence and the importance of self control.

And uh, some is REALLY sensitive.   Cool  I just wanted you to know I was being sincere and not trying to make fun of you...this time.  Smirk
(07-06-2017, 01:31 PM)hollodero Wrote: So this is the heart of the matter. Again, as long as people think the way you do there need to be marches for acceptance. 

Mental disorder. That's some awful stuff you're saying here.

Sorry, but I tend to agree with him. 

I wouldn't say its a "mental disorder" but I do think the wiring of homosexuals is somehow "off". 

I think we can all agree that males and females are are naturally supposed to be attracted to each other. That's how nature drew it up. Its how we reproduce and our species survives. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(07-06-2017, 03:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sure we could!

We could send out tweets calling other adults names like "loser" and "low IQ" for example.

Smirk

Super petty. 

Its nice being an independent. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(07-06-2017, 11:08 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: My wife grew up in a country where they arrested gays, she knows it's wrong and their is something wrong with them mentally.

(07-06-2017, 11:56 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They know what a family is supposed to look like...

I've heard closed mindedness is a mental disease also.
(07-06-2017, 03:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm pretty sure our daughter was 10-ish.  I know our son was in that range.  Both learned early about abstinence and the importance of self control.

And uh, some is REALLY sensitive.   Cool  I just wanted you to know I was being sincere and not trying to make fun of you...this time.  Smirk

You raise your children as you wish and we will raise ours as we see fit. For us, 10ish isn't old enough. We have a higher standard that we wish to follow.
(07-06-2017, 04:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: I've heard closed mindedness is a mental disease also.

Sorry but in this family we don't celebrate someone just because they have a weird lifestyle or their skin color.

We celebrate results and showing the self discipline to do what you say you would, when you said you would.
(07-06-2017, 03:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Sorry, but I tend to agree with him. 

I wouldn't say its a "mental disorder" but I do think the wiring of homosexuals is somehow "off". 

I think we can all agree that males and females are are naturally supposed to be attracted to each other. That's how nature drew it up. Its how we reproduce and our species survives. 

Ah someone else with common sense.
(07-06-2017, 05:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You raise your children as you wish and we will raise ours as we see fit.   For us, 10ish isn't old enough.   We have a higher standard that we wish to follow.

I would certainly not think that I could make anyone raise their children in a way that goes against their own personal wishes.  I do wonder how you will know when they are the right age and how that is a higher standard.
(07-06-2017, 03:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Sorry, but I tend to agree with him. 

I wouldn't say its a "mental disorder"

Good.

(07-06-2017, 03:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: but I do think the wiring of homosexuals is somehow "off". 

OK. I don't think you're a bad person for thinking that. It depends of the definition of "normal", and sure, one "normal" way is the male/female way. Then again, about 10% of people are gay (maybe the number is wrong, but a certain part are and obviously always were throughout history), and all narratives I heard of point to them being gay by nature. That these camps for getting rid of those feelings don't work and create much suffering. Hence, there's nothing a gay person can do about it, it's not a choice. Like it wasn't mine to be "normal" and attracted to women.
Therefore I think gay people are "normal" just like you and me, because there's a natural occurrence, like left-handed people. My definition of normality.

The more pressing question is what follows your stance that they are "off", what's the conclusion. Should they not be treated as equals in their society because of that? Are their relationships, their love less worthy? Should they be repressed and faught, ostracized and hidden away? I answer with a clear "no", I think that's the empathic stance, and therefore I'm for full acceptance. No good would come from not doing so. Only human suffering.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-06-2017, 05:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Sorry but in this family we don't celebrate someone just because they have a weird lifestyle or their skin color.  

We celebrate results and showing the self discipline to do what you say you would, when you said you would.

I'm pretty sure your own house isn't as squeaky clean as you may think, or insist it is. I just hope you love and support your child if one of them comes out to you.
(07-06-2017, 10:10 PM)Beaker Wrote: I'm pretty sure your own house isn't as squeaky clean as you may think, or insist it is. I just hope you love and support your child if one of them comes out to you.

Why on earth would we not love our children?

Loving your child and not liking their life choices are not mutally exclusive. Both can be true at the same time.
(07-06-2017, 10:10 PM)Beaker Wrote: I'm pretty sure your own house isn't as squeaky clean as you may think, or insist it is. I just hope you love and support your child if one of them comes out to you.

Hate the sin, love the sinner.

Love your child but tell them they are a deviant who has a mental disorder I guess?
(07-06-2017, 11:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hate the sin, love the sinner.

Love your child but tell them they are a deviant who has a mental disorder I guess?

If they came home smoking cigarettes I would disappointed as well. Doesn't mean I would stop loving them.
(07-06-2017, 11:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If they came home smoking cigarettes I would disappointed as well.   Doesn't mean I would stop loving them.

But you also wouldn't tell them they have a mental disorder.