Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
One that slipped through the news cycle.

http://www.essence.com/news/twenty-year-old-beat-white-supremacists-speaks-out-may-press-charges

Quote:The 20-Year-Old Black Man Beaten By White Supremacists In Charlottesville May Sue City  

"I have eight staples in my head, a broken wrist and a chipped tooth," Deandre Harris said.

The horrific events that occurred in Charlottesville, VA last weekend were a blatant reminder of how far America has not come.

Akin to the violent attacks of the Civil Right's Movement by white supremacists and Klu Klux Klan organizations, the protest resulted in one death and several hospitalizations. One of those victims was 20-year-old Deandre Harris.

There to protest against "Unite the Right" and their affiliate terrorists groups, the young man was beaten in a parking lot that is said to be in close proximity to a police station.

“Me and about five of my friends were out protesting," Harris said in an exclusive with The Root. "We thought [the racists] left, but at one point they came back. Everyone was exchanging words with the group, but then the KKK and white supremacists just rushed us."

“They were beating me with poles. I have eight staples in my head, a broken wrist and a chipped tooth."

Social media has already put a call-out to find the men involved in the beating— a photo was taken by Zach D. Robertsthat's being used to find the culprits. But the fact that it may have happened under law enforcement's watch is what's most concerning. 

RELATED: 8 Things You Need To Know About The White Supremacy Riots In Charlottesville 

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/896902621729923073

Quote:13 Aug
[Image: GxhiVOT3_normal.jpg]Shaun King 

@ShaunKing
All hands on deck.

WHO IS THIS MAN with the red beard?

He committed a violent felony. pic.twitter.com/nbYhxAPAOO

Quote:[/url]

Follow

@ShaunKing
IMPORTANT. 

New, clearer image of this violent white supremacist.

Click on it. Share it widely. He committed felony assault & a hate crime pic.twitter.com/Whdh8hLTCc
9:13 PM - Aug 13, 2017
[Image: DHJvvTBVwAAo6h9.jpg:small][Image: DHJv2YcVoAAeGAX.jpg:small][Image: DHJv_PbUIAAexDZ.jpg:small]

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/896830743346896898

Quote:13 Aug

@ShaunKing
All hands on deck.

WHO IS THIS MAN with the red beard?

He committed a violent felony. pic.twitter.com/nbYhxAPAOO

Quote:

[url=https://twitter.com/ShaunKing] Follow

@ShaunKing
ALL HANDS ON DECK. 

Person #2. 

We need to identify this man TODAY.

SHARE and spread the word. pic.twitter.com/4d0JLxevKP
4:28 PM - Aug 13, 2017
[Image: DHIuhkfW0AMPWOj.jpg:small]

RELATED: Charlottesville Victim's Mother: I Want Her Death To Be 'A Rallying Cry For Justice'

“The beating happened right beside the police department, and no police were there to help me at all. My mother is now thinking about suing the city of Charlottesville,” Harris said.

“I think for them to be allowed to come here and protest is really crazy. How do you expect the KKK to come to your city to protest, and them not be violent? I understand everyone is entitled to their freedom of speech, but the government and the mayor made a bad business move. It’s only caused havoc in your own city. It’s crazier that people have the hatred in their heart to want to kill black people."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - GMDino - 08-16-2017, 11:58 AM
Just a reminder - StLucieBengal - 08-14-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Nately120 - 08-14-2017, 09:26 PM
RE: Just a reminder - BmorePat87 - 08-14-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Benton - 08-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Weimar America - THE Bigzoman - 08-19-2017, 08:40 PM