Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump Reverses Restrictions on Military Hardware for Police
(08-29-2017, 09:24 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: Dollar-Sign-dreamstime_m_5031379-Edited.jpg]

A local sheriff's department bought five Humvee's through the program a while back (maybe a decade or so now?). I noticed them parked out back and — looking for a story — asked one of the deputies about them. I'd never heard of the program. He told me they were surplus military units they bought in case the department needed them. I asked if they'd used them. He shrugged and said "I don't know why we would." All five units are in the same exact spot now. They've never moved.

Which as a taxpayer bugs the heck out of me. That same sheriff exceeds his budget by hundreds of thousands of dollars every year, and basically acts like the county is trying to murder people if they ask him to spend more responsibly. One year the guy went about 800% over on his "bullet allowance." His fuel expense is always over the budget, but he doesn't stop deputies from using public vehicles for personal use.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Reverses Restrictions on Military Hardware for Police - Benton - 08-29-2017, 11:38 AM