Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
With Ivanka Trump’s Blessing, White House Ditches Equal Pay Rule
(09-05-2017, 08:54 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Sexism is fun.

(09-05-2017, 08:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: I've always found that it's always the ones that pretend to be the most manly they find foot tapping in an airport bathroom.  Usually they claim others are too emotional and not "real men".

How people get through their entire lives still believing these old tropes is beyond me.

But then I know a lot of "men" whose entire sense of self worth comes from the size of the genitals and how much better they are than women.  They're the same ones who say women can't do what men can do anyway so I'm not sure how them being better is a huge win.   Smirk

Men and women are equals.  One can work.  One can stay home.  And that doesn't change a thing about them as people.  

As I said, there are men, real men...not internet tough talking men...who would put a lot of "bread winner" men to shame with how they provide for their families and what they are teaching their children.  Just as there are a lot of "traditional men" who are so intimidated by the thought of a woman daring to not be some stereotyped version out of 50's television that they can't handle any variation on their world view.

Sad.

That's why I say if a man and a woman are doing the same job they should get the same pay for the same work.  If a company pays a man more because he asked? That's a shitty company that could afford to pay more but wanted to screw its employees.

Lol at you both.

Sorry if we care about how our children are raised to the point that we make personal sacrifices to ensure they have what they need at home.

These comments coming from you two are not surprising at all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Ivanka Trump’s Blessing, White House Ditches Equal Pay Rule - StLucieBengal - 09-05-2017, 05:27 PM