Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Time for a full scale investigation-special counsel on Hillary, Obama and Comey
(09-05-2017, 08:43 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: In all seriousness, there would not be support for it. If the administration and/or Congress were to open an investigation into Clinton and/or Obama, the public backlash would be immense. That is the move of an authoritarian state, a move taken by dictators to start investigations into their opposition. When you have all of the power, initiating political investigations into those that don't is not something that is popular. We see those sorts of things happen and then a few years later there is an armed revolution in the country leading to a civil war.

I want oversight, I want accountability, but tensions are too high right now in this country to start a partisan investigation like that. There are too many groups on the right and the left that are ready to start a revolution by bullet instead of ballot box.

I do think some shady stuff happened under Obama. He took executive privilege a lot to shield holder.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time for a full scale investigation-special counsel on Hillary, Obama and Comey - StLucieBengal - 09-05-2017, 05:55 PM