Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Can We Talk About Football?"
(09-16-2017, 03:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So you're telling me you feel the same outrage over hearing a rape than if you were forced to watch it?
The same reading a book about the holocaust than if you had to watch it?
The same hearing about a kid in Chicago got shot than if you had to watch them bleed out?

I mean, come on man. I call BS. No you wouldn't. Otherwise you'd need to talk to a therapist anytime you watched the news or read any articles about any war happening.

Haha wow. Now obviously all that is different. I see what you're saying but those aren't exactly fair comparisons. You're taking this way too extreme. 

Did you feel different about ray rice when you saw the video? I honestly didn't. If that means I need therapy then okay, maybe I do.

The media painted a pretty clear picture of what happened before the video came out. I could use my imagination. I was just as disgusted with him before and after the video. Now if Ray committed rape or murder that'd admittedly be much harder to watch and things would be way different. There would be a huge amount of public backlash right from the start. Ray would be blacklisted from the league as soon as the incident happened. It wouldn't take video evidence for that to happen. And should his punishment or level of hatred be any different simply because there were video cameras present? I don't believe there should be... No? 

Ok, I'll seek out a therapist   Sad
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Can We Talk About Football?" - Brimey - 09-15-2017, 08:17 PM
RE: "Can We Talk About Football?" - jason - 09-16-2017, 02:11 PM
RE: "Can We Talk About Football?" - Pat5775 - 09-16-2017, 04:10 PM
RE: "Can We Talk About Football?" - TKUHL - 09-16-2017, 12:40 AM
RE: "Can We Talk About Football?" - CJD - 09-16-2017, 11:57 PM