Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Eifert or Not to Eifert in the Offseason...that is the question...
(09-22-2017, 01:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Make your case for retaining or letting Eifert go here.

Well, I could have picked him up in Fantasy Football last year after everybody dropped him, but I didn't even want him.  I did get him mid rounds this year on most of my teams with a solid second TE just in case. Just in case happened fast and I have dropped him from all my teams to more healthier TE's actually putting up catches, yards and touchdowns.  So unless Eifert gets healthy and gets back to his Pro Bowl form, NO, I would not sign him to a big contract.  If Mike Brown doesn't believe in paying Offensive Guards, then I don't believe in big contract TE's unless the guy is Pro Bowl future Hall of Fame.  Give me a Gruden Grinder at TE.  Dump Eifert and look at who is good but not expensive in free agency, or look to the 2018 Draft where we got Trumpy, Ross, Gresham, Eifert in past drafts.  You can't tell me there aren't good TE's in next years draft.  Bengals should be scouting them right now, IF they have any scouts, a weakness of Mike Brown.  I'm not even saying round 1.  I think we can find a Gruden Grinder at TE at some point in the draft.  Plus there are always out of work TE's on the cheap that come in, some that have been pretty good but some team went youth.   I would not offer Eifert much money as of today, and that money can be used elsewhere.  Again, Mike Brown doesn't believe in high priced guards. I don't believe in high priced TE's unless they are Super Star Hall of Fame types, and the NFL has had few of those.  Put a Grunden Grinder at TE.  The Bengals were looking WR but the top WR's went early. On the board was Eifert out of Notre Dame who was a WR / TE type. We had Gresham and Eifert at first. Then they didn't resign Gresham to huge contract. Eifert was great at first, but his injuries show this WR isn't up to the TE job. Now it is time not to not resign Eifert and go in another direction. You can't make the club in the tub.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: To Eifert or Not to Eifert in the Offseason...that is the question... - kevin - 09-23-2017, 07:53 PM