Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Eifert or Not to Eifert in the Offseason...that is the question...
(09-23-2017, 07:18 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So what your saying is the Bengals will actually sign him to an extension at the end of the year and massively over-pay. Would just be a Bengal kinda move...let Whit and Zeitler walk then turn around and over-pay the walking MASH unit.  

Lol no, that's not what I'm saying. I think Eifert is most likely gone (barring him being healthy the rest of the season), and the only shot he has at coming back is if it's a short term bargain contract with very little guaranteed. Even then, if he keeps missing games in 2017, I think the Bengals will just part ways.

(09-25-2017, 09:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I compare Eifert to Ladarius Green, only Ladarius Green also had to play second fiddle to Antonio Gates while in SD.
The Steelers offered Ladarius Green a 4-year, $20 million deal, and then subsequently cut him after one year because he couldn't stay healthy.
I can easily see Eifert getting $5 mill per year from some team willing and able to take such a gamble.

Fair comparison and fair contract. Keep in mind that Green's contract had an easy out after 1 season.

(09-25-2017, 08:11 PM)Steve Wrote:  I thought it happens every year....
just wait....
some team will offer Eifert huge money...

I respect that you feel that way. Do you have any examples of this happening?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: To Eifert or Not to Eifert in the Offseason...that is the question... - Shake n Blake - 09-26-2017, 02:07 PM