Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to break up Google (Alphabet)
(09-29-2017, 03:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just because one company is big and good at what they do doesn't mean they're a monopoly.

There ARE other options out there, most people just choose not to use them because they don't provide as good of services or as good of prices.

None of those companies you listed have exclusive possession or control of the supply or trade. There's nothing stopping others from trying to overtake them. Heck, back in the day according to your definition MySpace was a monopoly on social media... until Facebook took over. Vine was a huge part of the online video, until it died when Instagram took over.

Forcing people to use crappier options that are available but they've chosen not to use is not a good idea, nor do I think the government has any business getting involved in. Get back to me when they literally have a monopoly, like how a huge portion of our country only has one energy choice, or one internet choice.

That’s the definition of monopoly, not what the law says. The law applies to companies that are so large they have too much control over market pricing. I provided two links to two instances where Google was using their market share to influence the market.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to break up Google (Alphabet) - Yojimbo - 09-29-2017, 04:01 PM