Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Really Happens When You Use the R-Word
(10-04-2017, 08:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's John C McGinley, the actor best known for playing Dr. Cox in scrubs. I don't know his political views, but he's the father of a child with down syndrome and is a spokesman for a national down syndrome group. 

He isn't saying those other groups were called "********", he is saying that the groups at some point in time have been used as an insult. "Gay" acts as an insult by many. Calling someone a "woman" or a "jew" is still an insult many use. The point being that you're suggesting there's something wrong with the original population and calling someone else by their name insults the them both.

Whether or not someone here has used the word to someone with an intellectual disability's face, I don't know. Some here have suggested they would have no problem with it because it makes people tougher apparently. 

I just assumed not being horrible people was a nonpartisan thing, but apparently this is all liberal mumbo jumbo.

That's the whole argument about being "politically correct" and how it is ruining, uh, life?  A certain segment of America NEEDS to use insult and slurs.  Otherwise they feel less American I guess.

Anyway, I agree with you that not being a horrible person should be something we can all push for and think is a good thing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Really Happens When You Use the R-Word - GMDino - 10-04-2017, 09:10 AM