Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Supreme Court Case Could Radically Reshape Politics
(10-04-2017, 04:35 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Lines are drawn every ten years after the census is taken to add or subtract reps. It's not the fault of Republicans that they win during these crucial years to get the Priviledge to redraw the lines, lol.

Needless to say, lines should be drawn in a grid across states. Depending on the population, the box is either expanded or contracted. There should be no more "Jaws of Death" rewrites around areas to force reps out. They should only be split to add or subtract depending on population.

By the way, how many Representitives should there be in the United States according to the Constitution? I know it's more than what we actually have, I'm just wondering what that number is supposed to be.

I don't think there is a number except a minimum of one per 30,000 , just that whatever numberit is has to be divided evenly according to population.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Supreme Court Case Could Radically Reshape Politics - michaelsean - 10-04-2017, 04:46 PM