Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump admin rescinds Obamacare hhs contraceptive mandate
(10-06-2017, 04:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have not been talking about that, but to answer your question:

I'm almost certain it would cost the insurance company and employer more; however, I assume these costs are offset by increase deductibles/premiums.

The real cost is to the employee and it is no one's job to protect an employee from him or herself during their time away from work.

The costs aren't offset by increases in premiums and deductibles because the employer typically pays 50% the premiums.

If the employee pays a premium of $500/month. The employer pays $500/month, also, for a total of $1000/month. But, this is another area during the past two decades employers are paying less and less as employee's pay and benefits shrink.

The more employees switching from individual plans to family plans, the higher the premium. The higher the premium for the employee, the more the employer has to contribute. The more the employer contributes, the greater their operational costs. The greater their operational costs, the less profitable they are.

This isn't directed at you, just an observation. The people upset about players bringing politics into football don't seem to have a problem with employers bring politics into people's bedrooms.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump admin rescinds Obamacare hhs contraceptive mandate - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-09-2017, 04:49 PM