Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EIFERT OPTING FOR SEASON ENDING BACK SURGERY
(10-20-2017, 10:39 AM)Benton Wrote: Putting the tag on a gu y who has p
layed 10 games out of 2 years — or 39 out of 64 if you want to look at the last four full seasons — wouldn't seem like the best thing to do.

We should offer him a contract, but honestly someone will offer him something bigger hoping he can be patched together. His numbers are better than Julius Thomas, who is still cashing in $6 million a season and only playing in half the games. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone offer Eifert more.

I could argue that Julius is better. Look who his qb has been the last 3 years.... Bortles and a qb who came out of retirement.

Julius 2013 season was more impressive than any of eiferts, and 2014 wasn't that much behind eiferts best season either.

Hell, Gary barnidge has had better seasons recently than eifert. I do like eifert and he is a redzone threat, but I think we overinflated his value around here based on one season where he caught a ton of Tds. Look at his career as a whole, and that is he outlier year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: EIFERT OPTING FOR SEASON ENDING BACK SURGERY - Bengalbug - 10-20-2017, 10:56 AM