Poll: Will Terrell "Night Train" Watson make the squad?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heretic? Terrell Watson (RB) will make the Bengals and contribute a lot one day!
Terrell Watson, RB

Fact one: Rex Burkhead was lost in the game. Cedric Peerman (the Running Reverend, as Hobspin would say) also had a knee injury of some sort. Looked gruesome.

Fact two: Had the most yards from scrimmage per game of any player in college football history in his age 20 and 21 seasons, besting LaDainian Tomlinson.

Fact three: Went to Azusa Pacific College, an evangelical Christian school near L.A. (same school as Christian Okoye, The Nigerian Nightmare, whose records he shattered). This will obviate the need for the Running Reverend as the team "resident good guy"/subject of Hobson spin pieces (some say Peerman paid Hobson to continue writing pieces to make him stay relevant). Hobson is now brainstorming headlines such as "Elementary, my dear Watson" for Terrell's first 100 yard game.

Fact four: Has the nickname the "Night Train." Who else has the nickname "Night Train"? None other than Hall of Fame defensive back Dick "Night Train" Lane. Terrell Watson future HOF 20?? confirmed.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if this prediction comes true. I really don't understand why he went undrafted despite going to such a small school. If you're a 240 lb RB with very solid 4.58 speed (to put it in perspective, Ameer Abdullah, whose quickness was just compared to Barry Sanders', ran a 4.60).  He looked very quick in busting a long run in the first preseason game, but maybe he killed a man or has refused to pass block. Every year there's a guy who absolutely no one expects to make the Bengals' roster who does (Ryan Hewitt, Colin Cochart, etc.)

Off-topic: Does anyone remember the user Heretic on the old Bengals message board? (R.I.P., why the heck must the Bengals try to half-assed emulate other teams OFF the field as well?) That was my old handle. Damn, those message boards were so unique, so good...so many memories. I was young and stirred up a lot of trouble via trolling. There was even a movement called the Red Rep Rampage (or revival, can't remember) (RRR) to bring my "rep points" into the lowest in board history after I made a thread celebrating finally getting some positive rep. When I saw someone mention this in the bengals.com board's waning hours, it damn near brought a tear to my eye. I may have trolled but it was fun for the whole family, hopefully. I plan no such shenanigans here, but I just wanted to say good job righting the Bengals' blunder to whoever made this great board.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Heretic? Terrell Watson (RB) will make the Bengals and contribute a lot one day! - GarbageDisposal - 08-17-2015, 04:17 AM