Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin said Ross was not apart of the plan going in
(10-30-2017, 10:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly this. Marvin Lewis and the Bengals organization are afraid. They would rather be solid with low risk than try to go to the next level with higher risk. It's why I believe the Bengals are perennially pseudo-contenders but can't win anything worthwhile but also never a true bottom feeder.

Here's what I want to know...what exactly are these players learning from riding the bench? I only hope they have someone sitting with them pointing things out while they are sitting on the bench. If they are expected to somehow figure out what to learn by themselves, well that's not coaching. You can't just expect that those on the bench will magically see something they've been doing wrong or whatever and the light bulb turns on.

Players learn best by doing. I look at a guy like Alvin Kamara in New Orleans. He was behind Adrian Peterson and Mark Ingram on the Saints depth chart. The Saints still realized how good he could be and played him in meaningful snaps, eventually leading to them trading away a great veteran presence like Peterson because they realized Peterson wasn't worth getting snaps over Ingram and Kamara. Now Alvin Kamara is putting up 100+ yards from scrimmage nearly every game. The Bengals should have followed suit with New Orleans and moved their third RB that contributes the least (Jeremy Hill) to give more opportunities to the two primary RBs (Bernard and Mixon).

Agreed.  And the team we love to hate:  has their guy Artie Burns been sitting?  Nope.  Last year he got burned a lot but he learned a lot.   JuJu Shuster Smith?  Nope.  It appears to be a Marv thing.  And I honestly believe he is intentionally spitting in the direction of the owner for not drafting the linebacker he wanted by not playing Ross.  Friggin child.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin said Ross was not apart of the plan going in - SHRacerX - 10-30-2017, 03:52 PM