Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin said Ross was not apart of the plan going in
(10-30-2017, 04:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is a very off-base comparison, and I assume you only made this because you think John Ross isn't seeing the field because he's bad given there's no on-field evidence to suggest he's bad, unlike DHB.

First, they are not similar players at all. 6'2" 210 lb outside WR with good straight line speed but not great agility in DHB. 5'11" 190 lb WR that lined up everywhere and is extremely agile and fast in all facets in John Ross.

DHB only had a season-high 51 catches for 786 yards at Maryland with a season-high of 5 TDs.
John Ross's best season was 81 catches for 1150 yards and 17 TDs.
Big difference there.

Also, for as much crap as DHB has been given, he still put up nearly 1000 yards in his best NFL season, so it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if John Ross did the same.

I get people are frustrated that John Ross hasn't been given snaps. But none of us KNOW why he's not. For the talent that John Ross has, I refuse to believe it's because he's untalented or too dumb. I think it's because of the philosophy that Marvin and Co choose to implement, which is work your way through a bunch of practices before seeing any snaps in a game even if the players ahead on the depth chart are struggling. If you don't practice hard and stand out in practice, you'll be riding the pine pony until you do. That may work for high school or even college, but in the NFL where it's "What have you done for me lately?", the talented players need to play over less talented players. Let them learn on the job.

EDIT - I think a more accurate comparison to Darrius Heyward-Bey is actually Cody Core. One-trick pony coming out of college, hope he would become more than that with time. So far, Core has underwhelmed. Difference is Core was a late-round pick, not a Top 10 pick.
Marvin Lewis would’ve sat LeBron James his rookie year
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin said Ross was not apart of the plan going in - Housh - 10-31-2017, 07:08 AM