Poll: Will Terrell "Night Train" Watson make the squad?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heretic? Terrell Watson (RB) will make the Bengals and contribute a lot one day!
(08-18-2015, 11:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Only way he makes the 53 man roster is if he kills it on special teams.

I like Peerman, but someday he will be replaced by a younger cheaper player.

I think you're right about killing it on teams.  And Peerman has performed pretty well when having to take snaps at RB in games.

But I think this guy Watson could be special (we always think that about guys in TC I know).   A 240 lb. back who can scamper would be good insurance if Hill goes down.  And let's face it we had two of 4 backs go down in a pre-season game, and Gio wasn't exactly lighting it up - and could not replicate Hill's brand of running.

My thinking is that we have a lot of good ST guys, including up and comers like Shaw.  I'd rather have a guy who can approximate what Hill does if he gets hurt (and again, he got hurt in the playoff game) than a super STs ace.

I'm pretty sure the Bengals will think - maybe correctly - that the teams aspect is primary. 

In any event I hope he gets a shot with the ones to see what he's got.  Then they can at least make an informed decision.  I mean, we really don't want to see Hill out there much anyway...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Heretic? Terrell Watson (RB) will make the Bengals and contribute a lot one day! - 3wt - 08-18-2015, 12:33 PM