Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCC plan would give Internet providers power to decide how you use your internet
(11-22-2017, 02:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm torn on this. Part of me says they are private companies they should be able to allow/block any content they see fit and let the private market sort itself.

But part of me realizes that many cable companies are geographic monopolies and consumers often have no choice.

I have no idea how this could be considered partisan.

Also keep in mind that these private entities have successfully entrenched their monopolies in many states by lobbying for, writing and pushing through legislation that bars municipalities from creating their own, community owned and operated telecom networks.

The individual has no choice as it stands right now.

Additionally, should these rules be pulled back, what would keep the providers from blocking all content related to putting net neutrality back in place?  

It is not a partisan issue in that it will negatively impact citizens on both sides of the issue. The blame for kowtowing to private interests on the other hand can be placed squarely on the shoulders of your daddy. The FCC is a part of the executive branch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: FCC plan would give Internet providers power to decide how you use your internet - Vas Deferens - 11-22-2017, 02:50 PM