Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCC plan would give Internet providers power to decide how you use your internet
They covered this topic for about an hour on PNR today and they seemed to think that the biggest concern would be to small businesses that tried to advertise on the web. They too said it should be considered a public utility; as this is the only (firmest) grounds for regulation.

They said the consumer would suffer because Cable companies have zero reason to seem streaming services such as Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Hulu thrive.

The conservative in me asks: Why should government be allowed to regulate private companies simply for consumer's enjoyment? I'm a free-market guy and there was talk of how this may push satellite Communications in the future. That would be the route I would love to see.

It sort of reminds me of the current electric company situation and the hurdles behind alternative sources. if the electric companies were deregulated do you thing alternate sources would suddenly become a whole lot more interesting?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: FCC plan would give Internet providers power to decide how you use your internet - bfine32 - 12-01-2017, 06:22 PM