Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCC plan would give Internet providers power to decide how you use your internet
(12-01-2017, 06:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The conservative in me asks: Why should government be allowed to regulate private companies simply for consumer's enjoyment? I'm a free-market guy and there was talk of how this may push satellite Communications in the future. That would be the route I would love to see.

Unfortunately our tax dollars have been prepaid to these corporations for fiber infrastructure that has not been provided to date. If these corporations were truly operating on within the free market, why do they need to lobby for tax dollars for infrastructure or to keep municipalities from creating their own networks? Shouldn't they be so much better than other alternatives that any competition is seen as lesser than?

Who owns the actual infrastructure our data travels across?

Somewhat related, I would suggest anyone here interested in this sort of thing check out one of the best biz docs I've ever seen. Just recently uploaded to YouTube. 'Long distance warrior'. It's the story of MCI's struggle to go up against ma bell.

https://youtu.be/qf2ox6imjzE

Can't embed on my phone unfort.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: FCC plan would give Internet providers power to decide how you use your internet - Vas Deferens - 12-01-2017, 06:56 PM