Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Conservative Christian Right
(12-13-2017, 10:19 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The Left Behind series is based off Biblical Prophecy and what the authors think it will be like during the Trubulation, not about a group bringing about the End Times. if you read the books, you will see this and how the authors even made the Antichrist and False Prophet into Abbott and Costello. Many Christian outlets write books and make movies that try to explain to nonbelievers what it's going to be like. They use these mediums, not well by they way but in corny ways, as ministry. but it's about the message, not how good or entertaining it is.

Christ said that none know the time except the Father. In other words, not even Christ knows which is weird since Christ is God but separate.

Christ also when asked for a sign or signs of the End Times said that it would be like in the times of Noah and we are nowhere near times like those no matter what anyone may say.

If there was any big group out there trying to bring about the end of the world through Bible Prophecy, we would know about it, everyone would know about it and it wouldn't be this huge secret. A group big enough, with enough followers would be a huge danger to the entire world and the world would be against them, I would be against them.

I understand what you're saying, but what I am saying is that the theology and eschatology I am talking about in this thread is the same that led to the Left Behind series. It's more common than people think. In my original post I said I don't think that most people are consciously thinking about this, but that these sorts of policies are in the mind of their religious leaders who have a major impact on the voting patterns of their flocks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Conservative Christian Right - Belsnickel - 12-14-2017, 09:58 AM