Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manufacturing...best year since 2004
(01-04-2018, 01:27 PM)Dill Wrote: I wouldn't say "entirely subjective." No one was wrong to perceive the the recession and job losses of 2008-09. And "the left" was not wrong to recognize how the US crawled out of that hole in subsequent years. 

Seems to me that "the left's" perception of the economy has always hewn closely to stastics and other corroborating evidence, not whether Clinton or Obama was in power. It continues to do so.

The right's perception rests largely upon how their news sources frame and dramatize the stats, and whether Clinton and Obama were in power. E.g., during the long climb out of recession, Obama was continually cast as the worst president ever. Commentators introduced new criteria for evaluating unemployment. That continues as well.

The only "role reversal" I see is that rightists now say we have the best president ever and credit the rise in employment and manufacture which continued into his first year in office as wholly his creation.

You may see it this way, but I can say that folks who are more partisan on the left do indeed have a subjective view of the economy based upon their side being in office. It isn't something only the right engages in.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manufacturing...best year since 2004 - Belsnickel - 01-04-2018, 02:25 PM