Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats the over/under on affairs
(03-07-2018, 09:14 PM)Dill Wrote: Sure, I agree with you on that. President attempts one discreet affair, reconciles with wife. End of story--if he is competent at his job.

Yeah and I wouldn't even mind if it's two or three. I couldn't judge because what do I know about the agreement these guys have, and when I like the job performance, so be it. Sure enough, when it's getting to double digits, that I probably would consider too much. Or as I said when they start dragging out the wife in shallow displays of public remorse, or when it turns Clintonesque.

(03-07-2018, 09:14 PM)Dill Wrote: The dysfunction following Clinton's adventure was also a decision on the part of the press and the other party to break unspoken bounds regarding the president's private life in an attempt to bring him down.  Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy--all got a pass on that.

Yeah, all that. I sure caught that only from across the ocean in pre-internet times, but this was quite followed even here, and the Clinton-Starr-sensationalism trinity was a top example for American weirdness. Which maybe isn't entirely fair, for close to none of European politicians are ever as exposed as an US president is. We Austrians usually know little about our politician's private life, and except for some post-menopausal women's magazines our leader's spouses usually aren't featured much. And that's good.

(03-07-2018, 09:14 PM)Dill Wrote: I salute your creativity with emoticons, by the way.  Adds an extra-expressive dimension to your writing!

I shouldn't have used that Dalton emoticon the way I did though. I feel bad about that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
whats the over/under on affairs - Griever - 02-16-2018, 11:06 AM
RE: whats the over/under on affairs - Dill - 03-07-2018, 07:21 PM
RE: whats the over/under on affairs - Dill - 03-07-2018, 09:14 PM
RE: whats the over/under on affairs - hollodero - 03-07-2018, 10:26 PM
RE: whats the over/under on affairs - Dill - 03-07-2018, 10:58 PM