Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats the over/under on affairs
(03-07-2018, 10:26 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, all that. I sure caught that only from across the ocean in pre-internet times, but this was quite followed even here, and the Clinton-Starr-sensationalism trinity was a top example for American weirdness. Which maybe isn't entirely fair, for close to none of European politicians are ever as exposed as an US president is. We Austrians usually know little about our politician's private life, and except for some post-menopausal women's magazines our leader's spouses usually aren't featured much. And that's good.

I shouldn't have used that Dalton emoticon the way I did though. I feel bad about that.

It was embarrassing, truly. I had just come back from Europe and was used to watching our antics from "across the pond" and thinking "How does this look?"

What bothered me in part was that Starr et al. never seemed to consider how they might appear, rabidly going after C. and dragging sordid, soggy details into the public light.  The effect of Whitewatergate and Travelgate and file gate and Paula Jones and Vince Foster along with this was to make all appear orchestrated, like a "vast right wing conspiracy" focused on bringing down one powerful, liberal family. Evangelicals were especially harsh, insisting Clinton's misdeeds characterized the Dem's rotten core, recalling the country to principled leadership.

So here we are 20 years later and the competent and focused Hillary is still far worse than Trump.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
whats the over/under on affairs - Griever - 02-16-2018, 11:06 AM
RE: whats the over/under on affairs - Dill - 03-07-2018, 07:21 PM
RE: whats the over/under on affairs - Dill - 03-07-2018, 09:14 PM
RE: whats the over/under on affairs - Dill - 03-07-2018, 10:58 PM