Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Baker expected to sign with Bengals
(03-08-2018, 11:03 AM)jj22 Wrote: This isn't a flyer pick up. They dropped over 3m on him. That's 3m off the cap. Which makes him a significant if not big signing by their definition. My only question is once again was they bidding against themselves? Like they tend to do Andre Smith? We may never know. We know with Smith because he has sat out with no interest for long periods of time on multiple occasions. The only reason he got the shot in Minny is because of Zimmer. When they say we can't afford a OT or OC in free agency, maybe they could have used that extra 3m.

Unless you guys think there was a rush to get this guy signed. I don't see an urgency to sign any player outside of the Oline right now. Unless it's for the vet minimum.

Personally I'd wait to spend any money until I know if I can get some Oline help. Maybe they know what we are slow to learn. They aren't going to be able to afford any legit Oline help in free agency.

We need O-line help and we have already signed an O-lineman.

But we need help at other positions also.  So right now we are looking for anyone who can help at any position.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chris Baker expected to sign with Bengals - fredtoast - 03-08-2018, 11:07 AM