Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Baker expected to sign with Bengals
(03-08-2018, 01:15 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yes

We signed reject OT Hart, who actually somehow managed to grade out worse than Ogbuehi. Clearly there is little intent of upgrading the spot in FA.

With Baker, Mikey Brown can now claim he's filled two needed spots in free agency. Sadly though, both are out of another team's dumpster. Typical Mikey Brown.

This is also where my pessimism kinda kicks in. We've heard that they have to "get better" at it, but I guess I just don't see it just yet.

Quote:“We need to be better at what we do,” Lewis said. “We’re going to have changes in our staff. We’re going to have to gain some better players. We’re going to have to augment some of what we do. We’re going to have to do a better job of adding some guys from other clubs.”

Instead, the team and front office tend to favor veterans who have played for the Bengals (or staff) in the past to continue to lead the way. Add the fact it's guy who has effort and character concerns, I feel like I've seen this song and dance before.

At some point they have to focus their free agent acquisitions on guys who will be quality, productive players instead of the likes of over-rated veterans like Chris Baker, Andre Smith, Bobby Hart, Kevin Minter, AJ Hawk, etc…, etc… because they are trying to preserve their comp picks.

But I am willing to see how FA goes before I go all bat-shit crazy. It just doesn't seem that way right now.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chris Baker expected to sign with Bengals - Hoofhearted - 03-08-2018, 02:16 PM