Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Baker expected to sign with Bengals
(03-08-2018, 05:01 AM)Shady Wrote: If there's one at 12 or we trade down. Not sure there's one at 12. McGlinchey? 

People can feel what they feel, but I agree this is showing some effort. Baker can be very disruptive. He seems like a great human being. He does get a little crazy on the field, but Burney and Haslett want him here for some reason. They coached him in DC, I guess. I watched hi highlight real from 2016 (I think), and the dude looked frighteningly good at times. I'd still draft Vita Vea, though. Vea's athleticism puts him at a totally different level. If he's there at 12, you shut up and take him. He's special.  Edmunds or Roquan wouldn't be bad either.

McGlinchey is the only tackle worth the 12th pick, but I've been reading that this draft is way more heavy with Guard talent. The latest CBS mock has us taking a Guard at 12 (Isaiah Wynn) and a Tackle in the 2nd round (Brian O'Neill). Vea should be considered, but I'm not sure he's a must-grab. CBS has him going at 17. If I knew we'd get serious in FA with the o-line, sure get Vea...but I'm assuming we'll mainly use the draft to fix things, so I want o-line, o-line, o-line.

No shiny prospect is going to change my mind on that.

(03-08-2018, 05:11 AM)CanadianBengal Wrote: Sorry but a below average player with a bad attitude isn't what this team needs. Baker doesn't really contribute to building a winning culture in the locker room. I'd prefer less 3-5 mil contract guys and put that money to 1-2 meaningful contracts. This just seems like typical Bengals taking a flyer on sub-par players. 

1. This is reading an awful lot into one incident in Tampa. Did he have a bad reputation in Washington? He spent 5 years there, so I doubt he was very cancerous.

2. $3 million isn't a lot, and FA hasn't even begun. As jaded as I am, I don't think they're done with FA. I don't see any $8-10 million dollar-ish signings coming unfortunately, but it wouldn't surprise me to see another signing for $3-4 million and maybe some cheap reclamation signings sprinkled in. We'll see.

3. I don't think he's a sub-par player. He's an upgrade from Phat Sims and definitely an average player at least, with potential to be impactful. He showed that in Washington. That's why the Bucs signed him to a contract for 3 years, $15.75 million just last year. You don't get a contract like that for being a bum.

(03-08-2018, 10:26 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yeah, I thought I was a pessimist. I guess I am an optimist compared to some lol

Lol same here. This thread has me feeling like Denny 2.0. [Image: denny_smilie.gif]

(03-08-2018, 11:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed. While $3 mill may not seem like much for NFL contracts, Mike Brown doesn't throw a contract that big to fringe roster players. Baker will make this team barring some injury or incident.

Agreed. This guy is our starting DT the moment he signs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chris Baker expected to sign with Bengals - Shake n Blake - 03-08-2018, 02:29 PM