Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Baker expected to sign with Bengals
(03-08-2018, 02:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Again, I don't see anything from Washington. Just Tampa. From your Washington Post link:

"Lukewarm" doesn't imply that he was hated or cancerous. So basically "some" teammates were "meh" about Baker. That can be said about any player. Coaches questioned his motor or work ethic. That's known. The same things were said about Nick Fairley and he was a very popular FA on the boards a few years back.

Even with the bucsnation article, it sounds like his teammates were stressed out after a close loss and took it out on Baker for jumping offside on a 4th and short. Dumb mistake by Baker, but it sounds more like his teammates are cancerous than him. Seriously, what did he do there that suggests he has a bad attitude?

Sh!t dude idk. I was just attempting to translate some of the "issues" people take with this. But if I had to take a stab at it, I would say that he had those problem in Wash, TB said we don't care and still signed him to a 3 year deal (where he was probably their best DL man)....and still cut him. So maybe it holds a bit more merit? Almost impossible to tell. But it does warrant some concern. 

Quote:What's more, some players and coaches feel as if his attitude has been poor from the beginning in terms of effort, especially given what the Bucs are paying him.

Again, i am not beating this as a "terrible" signing, but I do think there's some cause for concern.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chris Baker expected to sign with Bengals - Hoofhearted - 03-08-2018, 03:12 PM