Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Africa parliament votes to seize white owned land
(03-08-2018, 05:46 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: This is a hilarious interpretation of history. The idea that there's a "correct" way to colonize and some outsider needs to go in to set a "standard" pretty much sums up your worldview that many of us know you to have very well.  

The idea that the world wasn't civilized prior to the British "civilly" slaughtering thousands of people is inherently contradictory to the idea of "civilization", but I'm not sure if your western-centric view of history will allow you to understand things from any other perspective. 

Colonizing isn't needed for many peoples of the world to advance organically as they interact with the rest of the world. What's even more ironic, is that we are currently speaking in this thread of an issue that had direct links to British and Dutch colonization. So if nothing else, this is just another example of where British and Dutch colonizing efforts didn't evolve a society, but rather damaged it for generations to come. There are myriads of examples all across the world where some of this can be attributed to the British, but this is neither the thread for it, nor, considering whom I'm responding to, a worthwhile endeavor in terms of honestly engaged conversation.

Colonization was a good thing. Especially British and Dutch colonization. I will agree with you in terms of Spanish and French colonization . This wasn’t nearly as successful.

The Brit’s took undeveloped areas and made them useful to the point that we got along faster as a world.

We should all be thankful. Instead of constantly bashing them and romancing the poor decisions made by natives.

Messages In This Thread
RE: South Africa parliament votes to seize white owned land - StLucieBengal - 03-08-2018, 06:44 PM