Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Africa parliament votes to seize white owned land
(03-09-2018, 10:38 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: To some extent, to be sure.  I think you would agree that this has diminished as the years go on.  It also hasn't targeted all races at an equal rate.  None of this does anything to disprove my main point though, that to move forward you can't blame the people of the present for the actions of the past if you hope to move on.

You are correct in that it doesn't disprove your main point, but I don't necessarily agree that it has diminished. Explicit discrimination has diminished, but implicit racial discrimination exists to a very high degree and is constitutionally protected according to the SCOTUS.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: South Africa parliament votes to seize white owned land - Belsnickel - 03-09-2018, 11:53 AM