Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survey Finds 40% Of Colleges Have ZERO GOP Professors
(05-08-2018, 12:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sarcasm
No, he's absolutely correct. The ability to teach people geometry is a very different skill set than the one needed to be an architect. The same goes with teaching anything. People who are bad at jobs often try to become teachers in that area, sure, but they're not good teachers. 

I understand that your character is allegedly a former lawn mowing teacher, but you're wrong here. 

I see where you're going with this. But I disagree speaking from experience. Most of the best teachers in my district are ones who have other experiences to draw from. It doesn't go to the nuts and bolts of teaching subject matter, but more to the ability to relate that subject matter to real world experiences.

You are correct to say that having an outside job doesn't make someone a better teacher. A good architect will not necessarily be a good teacher. I believe that one either has an innate gift to teach, or they don't. But I also think if you take someone with that gift and give them other experiences, it make s a good teacher even better. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Survey Finds 40% Of Colleges Have ZERO GOP Professors - Beaker - 05-08-2018, 07:41 PM