Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)...
(07-11-2018, 11:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Aren't there some European countries looking at nuclear? I thought I read that somewhere. Putting mini-reactors buried in backyards. 

Yeah there are some, I couldn't go into detail without lieing or doing more research. I know France has some reactors, Germany has quite a few, also UK, many Eastern countries. 15% of energy consumption in the EU stems from nuclear power plants (that one I know). About that miniature reactors, I heard that too, but wouldn't know of any tangible plans.

Nuclear has a really bad reputation still, Chernobyl was a bit of a traumatic experience, and Fukushima warmed that feelings up. Merkel immediately took back her pro-nuclear stance and started talking an exit afterwards. As if we had Japanese earthquakes. But ok.

Yeah, that means more oil and gas, which is a) more pollution and b) more dependence on Russia, though I wouldn't want to know about the shady deals going on regarding getting the Uranium either. I'd enforce alternative sources, but that one got killed in harsh economical weather.

The dependence on Russia is especially bad in my book. What points do sanctions have if we make an exception for all the stuff we really want from them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)... - hollodero - 07-11-2018, 11:54 PM