Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)...
(07-12-2018, 12:19 PM)hollodero Wrote: But with these points, there's strong disagreement. I cannot acknowledge a point like "Maxine Waters would have a field day" as a valid reason to distort the truth, telling falsehoods, slamming the institutions, offending guys from Clapper to Brennan etc., to not admit the country was targeted by a cyber attack.
That's as if the Democrats were a bigger threat to national security than the Russian propaganda war. If one sees it that way, he acted for the best of the country. But since I don't, I see Trump's actions as putting his own interests over the interests of the country, and that is a presidential failure. Because Russian cyber attacks ARE a matter of national security, that have to take precedence over political gains.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

This is a classic example of why our system is broken.  People think their tribe (party) is more important than the country.

And they think it is better to try and get people to believe blatant lies than tell the truth because the more people who believe lies the better their tribe will do.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)... - fredtoast - 07-12-2018, 01:53 PM