Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)...
(07-17-2018, 08:08 AM)Dill Wrote:
Actually, I don't see how anyone can say this for sure, since the electoral college was decided by about 80,000 votes spread across 4 states.

Three decades of Fox Faux news probably had more effect than anything on Hillary's negatives, and Comey's announced reopening of the investigation into the email scandal also might have had the most immediate pre-election impact. It seems quite possible that the swirl of disinformation, even though mostly targeting the right, could have suppressed enough centrist voters to give Trump the election.

I realize people don't like to go there, because if it is true, no one knows what to do and we are stuck with a bad leader chosen by an adversary.

At the end of the day, people voting in those states caused it. 

How they were influenced is beyond us. Certainly many things went into it, some completely false, but I don't think anyone who voted for him that was exposed to the Russian ads was ever going to vote for her. These ads only further entrenched people who were already deeply imbedded in fringe beliefs.

A case could be made that the DNC emails swayed Bernie voters away and towards Stein, but again, I don't know how much that really did. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)... - BmorePat87 - 07-17-2018, 09:37 AM