Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)...
(07-19-2018, 12:35 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah I already was aware of that explanation. It sure does make some sense. My problem with it is, it only could explain half of it (I don't expand on that). Also, if that were his concern, wouldn't his best move be being more hostile to Putin. Instead of constantly reinvoking the "He's in Putin's pocket" chatter by being super-obsequious.

I'd say his best move would be to put US security above his personal brand. That he cannot see or do this, along with all the rest of what he cannot seem to see or do, is extremely disconcerting.

It is not ok or "understandable" because he wanted an unambiguous victory over Hillary. How you gonna get that after publicly inviting the Russians to go for her emails?

And you are right; the personal insecurity about his "big victory" hardly explains the full range of un-presidential behavior, why he must repeatedly and publicly admire a dictator's "strength" and strive so publicly to get his approval. He didn't need to call for a summit with Putin. He didn't need to diss US allies, single out Montenegro, the thorn in Putin's side.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)... - Dill - 07-19-2018, 01:04 PM